0c39a9c1fe1b88b4edff1975040a81b47330416b705948c97736978a904d714c

0c39a9c1fe1b88b4edff1975040a81b47330416b705948c97736978a904d714c
overall_rating 3.0 14

Forum thread for mexx

[User added a rating.]

That last map was a tad too short, but overall I think this is very good. Especially since it’s from 1997!

[User added a rating.]

In response to Cocerello’s comment above: It might actually be a 1996 release. I suspect the date currently used here is inaccurate.

The maps are both a bit too dark for my taste (it is sometimes hard to see where you’re going or where the monsters are, which makes things difficult for the wrong reasons), but for a first release, this is pretty good. It is a quick experience, but fairly solid, coherent and fun.

Some parts of the first map are a little bland (notably the underwater section), but overall there is a fair bit of variety for what – at least by current standards – is a fairly small map.

As for the second map: unlike FacilisDK, I did not find it too short. It made thematic sense to have a simpler, shorter more violent second map.

I’m surprised this has an editor’s rating of “poor”. I would certainly recommend it if you only have a few minutes to spare and do not want to take on a full episode or a massive modern map.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

good short quake maps with a lot of combat but are very dark as well. i feel that levels are pretty good for the level designer’s first maps and that they are worth a quick play through. The brush work and architecture especially in the second map are well crafted by the author and provide a sense of dread to the player. These short two maps get a three out of five rating from me.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]