0d0e69d78ef341bfc53343bf5f32c95e3fa49e9e66eb0f83fc1079cba4029fd6

0d0e69d78ef341bfc53343bf5f32c95e3fa49e9e66eb0f83fc1079cba4029fd6
overall_rating 3.529411764705882 34

Forum thread for mazotac

For a first Quake map this is a nice “bite sized” playthrough. Giving it 4 stars for some original ideas. It’s pretty easy, so know that going in and set skill level accordingly. It has a unique look and feel. The only real issue is the ease of finding secrets. Most of them were out in the open. Good platforming challenge in one section. Looking forward to more of Andrew’s Quake-stuff.

Woops. Meant to click 4 stars.

You can change your rating by simply clicking on another heart.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Colors = cozy, and the lighting compliments them well.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “etb” posted:

Quite easy, small map. Quite nice with good ideas and uncommonly pleasant coloring together with lush and bright sections.

As mentioned the secrets are a joke.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s an adequate map, but also very short and rough around the edges, so replay value is minimal. I think 3 stars is fair.

[User added a rating.]

I liked the colors and fairly bright lighting to the map. It was short but made me look forward to more maps from you in the future. Great work

If you care the 6 enemies that are supposed to spawn in the main courtyard after you pick up the silver key don’t spawn when the map is launched through arcane dimensions.

[User added a rating.]

I would classify this as extremely competent. It’s fun to play, but much too easy, and it arguably lacks a spark. But it’s great to see a new mapper enter the arena with such a solidly constructed offering, and I’m confident that Andrew can build on this beginning to give us something much more atmospheric and distinctive next time.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I had a hard time choosing my rating. I think the architecture is the strong point of the map. It looks good and is consistent, and the map is fun to play, which is the most important point.

But I think onetruepurple and MikeTaylor helped me reach the same conclusion that the short length and easy difficulty, in addition to inconsistent secrets (3 trivially easy to find, but the fourth unnecessarily difficult) make this a 3/5 map. But a solid one at that! Keep up the good work, looking forward to playing more of your work! :slight_smile: