1f5f81a14eac45557d7a8687f0e737fe8b3f5f287b29146a7fc3d8b85a52406d

1f5f81a14eac45557d7a8687f0e737fe8b3f5f287b29146a7fc3d8b85a52406d
overall_rating 4.593406593406593 91

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

So this doesn’t run on Quakespasm huh? Damn you OS X… Maybe I’ll try it anyway, cross my fingers :stuck_out_tongue:

Unregistered user “marco75” posted:

This runs in Darkplaces, though framerate is uneven. Will try again with different settings/another engine. Clearly pushes the limits of the id tech 1 engine.

Cool, I’ve never played with Darkplaces but I’ll try it.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Lava Croft” posted:

Just finished with 3-player coop, took us 100 minutes in total and it was worth every minute. Very impressive.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Even if this is not your kind of gameplay, if you’re interested in Quake you should at least look at these three maps (especially the start map and the main map), because they are spectacular.

I adore the unapologetic extravagance and breathtaking scale of the start map. Gameplay in the main map is perhaps a little chaotic for me, but that’s a matter of personal preference; one could certainly argue that being constantly shot at from all directions is realistic. The final map is a fittingly dramatic conclusion (though too much for my nerves/reflexes, so I just switch on godmode at that point).

When it comes to maps of epic proportions, my personal favourite is still Marcher Fortress, but there’s no denying that Something Wicked does what it does very, very well.

Unregistered user “1path0gen1” posted:

It’s probably worth to mention that FTEQW engine is the best bet to play this pack at the moment imho.

• The newest experimental build has some fixed bugs (thanks for the engine developer, Spike).
  • The performance is significantly better than Darkplaces (100 fps vs 60 at some points of this map).
  • It also doesn’t produce certain oddities like RMQ build 3714 at least on my system (specifically, non-playing door/lift sounds, no ammo level displayed for Magic Wand).

To get rid of ugly fullbrights on textures in FTEQW you’ll need to use ‘r_fb_bmodels 0’ cvar setting (requires vid_restart).

Other cvars I’d find useful:
r_waterstyle 1 - sets default quake water (2 sets pretty shader always transprent water, which will kill fps on this map)
vid_conautoscale 3 - enlarges menu and hud

Also fteqw.exe can be launched with -nohome key to prevent relying on “My Documents” folder and keep it compact and portable.

[User added a rating.]

I can’t get the map to work with RMQ, get the ‘should be 29’ error user3226 reported. Could you give me the workaround?

QuakeForever, I know this is not an answer to your question, but for what it’s worth, I had no trouble at all running this under DarkPlaces (so if you cannot find a solution to your problem with RMQ, DP might be a feasible alternative).

Quakespasm can now run BSP2 as of this build

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Bootcamped my shitty Mac and played this. Brutal and awesome.