21008f010dbda603c944afb8e3bd498c467443340c2d62ff367fe8401e32c70a

21008f010dbda603c944afb8e3bd498c467443340c2d62ff367fe8401e32c70a
overall_rating 3.545454545454545 11

Forum thread for sgc3

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very stingy with ammo, as Spirit mentions above. To get enough ammo to finish the map, one has to find most of the secrets.

Apart from that, the gameplay is pretty entertaining.

The architecture is decent, but it feels kind of like a pastiche of styles from the original game–It’s mostly medieval, but there’s one metal section, some moldy walls, some hints of E4 weirdness, etc.

Unregistered user “BobLoblaw” posted:

Definitely a product of the time (1998). A lot of blocky areas, but clean. Has a charming dm1 aesthetic.

Unregistered user “Repus” posted:

I did not have any problem with ammo, played on hard. This level is entertaining enough, though some pathways are maze-like and look somewhat confusing.

What is really missing, I think, is space for running around and fighting the enemies. I personally don’t like trying to run away and at the same time shoot knights or fiends while being on a narrow zigzag bridge. Found 4 secrets out of 6, two of them were quads. Did not find the grenade launcher (some grenades found).

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is arguably Steve’s best map, giving the player a good challenge in an interesting layout with different route options. The lighting is better than his earlier maps and the brushwork’s pretty decent. The only niggle is that finding secrets is pretty essential for a pleasurable experience, for both ammo (which is tight otherwise) and ease (two of them are quads). For those who like to explore, it’s great!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]