Forum thread for sm82

Unregistered user “Spirit” posted:

Great gameplay.

Unregistered user “NahkahiiR” posted:

It’s one of my favorite maps.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “boink182” posted:

crappy?? no way. this map is great. ok it might be a little easy, but it has such a nice flow to it, and the look is just so awesome. it’s so industrial quake. i think this is probably the first chain map i’ve played, but i think it’s a great idea. it keeps things constantly fresh and gives the environment the feeling of a real place that organically developed over time.

[User added a rating.]

Thoroughly enjoyable, right up to the last three or so rooms, which were all a bit too intense and brutal for my tastes. The user who goes by the name of “crap” is presumably trolling: there’s nothing crappy about this map, which is well worth 4.5.

BTW., I got 191/191 kills, but only 3/5 secrets.

[User added a rating.]

i thought this was great. the gameplay, the layout, the ‘teamwork’ that put this all together. i would’ve liked a few extra shells at the beginning, but that’s about it. i got 190/191 kills. i left a fiend in some water. 3/5 secrets.

I love Rubicon maps, especially when they are done well. This one is and could have been part of a bigger release such as “Rubicon 2” maybe even. Interesting idea also to integrate the credits into the level via these red status displays. If you like to fight against Grunts and Enforcers mainly, this is your stuff.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Great map, but finishing it with 100 cells and no lg is a torture :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “spacey” posted:

Frankly, I though this map was too difficult. I mean, you have hordes and hordes of enemies spawning around you with hardly enough ammo and health to complete the task. Really unbalanced. Great design, though.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I really like this style of combat, with grunts and enforcers with a dash of ogre and other tougher enemies. And I really like this map! Despite being made by a group of different mappers, it flows together really well and I don’t think I would have known if it weren’t for the in-game credits. The level is well structured to take advantage of the same area multiple times in various places, each time taking the opportunity to ramp up the difficulty and challenge the player.

[User added a rating.]