3059acd2ccc3316fd12fe8565c9d42a5f4acde068654ffb6fa506bbf5ecc78dc

3059acd2ccc3316fd12fe8565c9d42a5f4acde068654ffb6fa506bbf5ecc78dc
overall_rating 4.571428571428571 49

Forum thread for digs04

Unregistered user “Quaker” posted:

Basically like 3 related levels. Each layout is good and challenging, third one is insane difficulty. One complaint, exits caught me by total surprise first two rounds. 9+ ratubg

Unregistered user “Quaker” posted:

Sorry, ratubg=rating. Should’ve proofread.

Unregistered user “disappearing boy” posted:

when i try to play this i get the following message: Hunk_Alloc: failed on 3828464 bytes.

Any help?

Unregistered user “****” posted:

Use Fitzquake085, Bengt Jardrup’s enhanced Glquake, or Darkplaces.

Unregistered user “disappearing boy” posted:

ah it works now, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “Berntsen” posted:

What a fantastic map! Upon completing the first part in 20 minutes on nightmare, I thought the loading time the map required was strange, but quickly discovered the reason. Great fun, not easy but not masochistically difficult either, and the attention to details and eyecandy were also plentiful. Recommended!

Unregistered user “Ron” posted:

I just replayed it with the DirectQ engine (deserved propaganda ;))and it also works fine with that.

Unregistered user “damage_inc” posted:

Sheer purrrrfection! And that’s understating it a bit as well :wink:

If you still play Quake then as Ron stated: “this is an absolute must play”. And indeed it is.

Great idea, great execution! It’s like a mini-episode in itself. I had a hard time during the last battle until I’ve found the spot where the shamblers couldn’t get to me. And all the time during that battle I saw the secret with the shaft in plain view that I couldn’t get into.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A novel idea, certainly. It starts off very impressively, with an unorthodox reverse intro, followed by a Doom 2 reference that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (surely I am not the only one to notice that?).

After that there is plenty of almost excessive, headache-inducing detail everywhere – which unfortunately, in combination with somewhat non-linear gameplay, makes it very easy to get lost, especially in the initial incarnation of the map. The second and third run are very clearly set in the same place. Yes, there are some changes, but I was hoping for a bit more differentiation. I was hoping for it to feel like a bit more like a mini-episode of three maps, rather than one long map that could have benefited form a bit more visual variety.

Luckily the second run is noticeably shorter and more violent and so does play noticeably differently, whereas the third run ramps up the difficulty even further with a more treacherous environment in addition to a mass onslaught of monsters (medieval monsters really do not belong in an environment like this, though). So there is a definite sense of progression and rising tension. The final battle is particularly brutal – but inventively so and ultimately winnable, with a bit of strategic thinking and perhaps a few attempts.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]