33cd97c54ff7d5acc7f9a2c64e3059ba246325e13bbbf3ccf3d84b2e618b2d57

33cd97c54ff7d5acc7f9a2c64e3059ba246325e13bbbf3ccf3d84b2e618b2d57
overall_rating 4.45 21

Forum thread for rm1.1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Am I alone in finding the atmospherics and layout superb but the gameplay baffling?

It’s really impressive and hugely artistic, but there is something about the actual gameplay that seems confusing.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

@mellotronworker: Thanks for your feedback! Which part of the gameplay do you feel is confusing or unintuitive? Is it the mechanics themselves, or is there a specific map or map(s) that are posing difficulty?

The map Ranger Dynamics has a tutorial section that covers how to interact with all of the mechanics. If there’s a use of them in another map that is providing trouble, I can try to provide assistance/answers.

[User added a rating.]

…It works fine on Linux. Just rename Pak0.pak to pak0.pak. So far, no problems encountered, everything loads and runs fine.

Sorry to EmeraldTiger, but this is not my cup of tea.

I will nevertheless give high marks to this map pack, because:

• Very decent mapping and coding, and really good mood-setting

• A lot of thinking out-of-the-box, creativity and imagination to a unheard-of level

…But i don’t like the new gimmicks. IMHO they intefere with the game; i have to spend more time figting the new stuff than actually playing the game.

Also, little things like forcing ET’s own config.cfg on me, and wrecking my own keyboard/mouse setup… perhaps leave that out and add the extra key binding in a autoexec.cfg ?

ET - sorry to piss on your parade like this. I recognize the tremendous effort and very considerable skills you have invested in this. Very well done - even if it isn’t to my liking…

Thank You for your effort, and thanks for sharing.

[User added a rating.]

@The_Pirate: No need to be sorry at all! It’s a very different approach to the game, which I understand won’t appeal to everyone - and that’s OK! I appreciate your honesty a lot.

The mod’s development taught me a lot about working with others and leading a team, which has led to a very valuable contribution to my portfolio. It has also been an extremely cathartic experience, translating a lot of ideas in the back of my head into tangible maps, both from my own maps and others’. And of course watching others play it and discuss it, regardless of opinion or angle - is always very fascinating. So if it has accomplished those things - at the end of the day, that is good enough for me. :slight_smile: For me, the enjoyment is in the interaction with the community and the conversations it creates.

Thank you again for your honest response and thoughts.

(I do need to fix that Pak0 issue though in the next release. I know it’s a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but it still bugs me lol)

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “randomuser” posted:

Hi, on macos using Quakeinjector with " -game rm1.1 +map rm1.1", Quake tells me “couldn’t spawn server maps/rm1.1.bsp”, and i can’t see any “rm1.1.bsp” file inside the zip…

any help appreciated! thanks

Pls try " -game rm1.1 +map start "

If you are on Mac or Linux, pls remame ‘Pak0.pak’ to ‘pak0.pak’ before you try.

You could also just use " -game rm1.1 " and select ‘new game’ from the start menu that pop up when you press the ‘esc’ button.

Good luck. You are in for a very different and challenging experience! :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Why is only 1 author listed for this project? That would be like listing Alkaline as just me (Greenwood)!

In the start map’s hub, I am seeing maps by also DragonsForLunch, Heresy, Inky, iYago, Nickster, Riktoi, Spootnik, and Tonhao.

It might’ve helped if there was a project read_me file included in the main folder, listing those involved. The hyperlink included sends you to the project’s GitHub page which includes acknowledgement; however, credits of the creators of the maps are not listed, unfortunately.

@Greenwood: Thank you for bringing that my attention! That was definitely an oversight on my part. I had included the author list on the Slipseer page and thought I had already done so on the main wiki page as well. Should be fixed now.