3c1beb1e37d59940bc19c3c0a0342debe8cd700dd6cf3d6d0fc09aa4c929ed75

3c1beb1e37d59940bc19c3c0a0342debe8cd700dd6cf3d6d0fc09aa4c929ed75
overall_rating 2.615384615384615 26

Forum thread for sgc4

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A bit more squarish than the typical 1996 map, but decent gameplay and layout for its time.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is a good old style Quake map. I think it’s a bit underpopulated at the beginning but once you hit the middle and on, it does a good job of adding enemies and challenge. I also expected more furniture at Notlob’s place! Watch me play it here: Notlob’s Residence on The Quake Grave

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s decent. The visuals are pretty bad, but the gameplay’s nice. It’s got some fun combat and tricks. I found the gold key part to be pretty confusing, why was that button randomly exposed when I came back? Ah well, not a bad map and if you don’t mind bad visuals it’s a pretty solid play.

[User added a rating.]

The visuals are terrible, very blocky and boring. I wouldn’t say the gameplay is bad but it’s nothing too interesting. The “secrets” aren’t marked and don’t do anything (they don’t have ammo or anything either). My main complaint is that I don’t think this was thought of as an environment, I think it was just thought of as a bunch of rooms (which all feel rather empty). 2/5

[User added a rating.]

Sparse open areas and decent flow. Relatively easy, but long enough to consider a proper map. Worth a shot if you’re looking for examples of early custom Quake maps.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Map really generously shared powerful guns even the combat didn’t followed the same pacing. But then the map started to get harder until the end.

Ending was kind of meh, because you was able to pass the shambler quite easily ~ or maybe it was my luck or something.

In overall map felt complete and between small and medium sized map. But somehow map couldn’t let me any impact, it felt lack of some really good ideas which would have made it stand out more.

Rating solid 2/5, consider trying, no replay value really.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]