3c7682c9903bcc766381d58e7e91550620cf427a37e01be81d9fab74e9ebe762

3c7682c9903bcc766381d58e7e91550620cf427a37e01be81d9fab74e9ebe762
overall_rating 4.194444444444445 36

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very fun set of maps. The paintings were a great touch.

[User added a rating.]

Yes, the save bug is fixed for me too, and I’m loving it!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Overall decent episode, but it is very clear that the maps are in order of creation. All of the maps have nice visuals, but the first 2 suffer badly from awkward geometry, pitch-blackness, and repetitive gameplay. They feel very 90s (in a bad way). The third map is a big step up, a 4/5 on its own. It’s fun to navigate, the gameplay is exciting, and there’s some cool custom models put to good use (including a custom key). It’s still a bit too dark though. The author must have a brighter monitor than I or play with a higher gamma, because there are several moments where something important simply can’t be seen on default brightness.

[User added a rating.]

I enjoyed this a lot, but without picking up any sense at all that it had anything to do with the Plantegenets. The artworks are lovely, though, and really add something.

@cosmaty @Solomoriah I too have suffered with the crash-on-save bug on many maps — not just the ones in this pack. I very recently upgraded from QuakeSpasm 0.93.0 to 0.93.2, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Hope it does the same for you!

@MikeTaylor: the reference to the Plantagenets is there, but is a bit subtle and requires some knowledge of literature as well as history…

@ubiquitous Are you going to spell it out? :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

Very nice, atmospheric and visually unique. I particularly liked the murals and the “misty lightings”. Gameplay is tough at times but always reasonable.

@MikeTaylor the map titles “Seat of Mars”, “Under Eastcheap”, and “Into the Breach” are references to Shakespeare Plays (Richard II, Henry IV, and Henry V respectively). Those are three Plantagenet kings.

That’s pretty subtle :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]