402e4ac58875345ef0fbd373e97d1f381360290649f4c563676d9192324d8c59

402e4ac58875345ef0fbd373e97d1f381360290649f4c563676d9192324d8c59
overall_rating 4.066666666666666 15

Forum thread for sickbase

[User added a rating.]

i found this quite enjoyable!

[User added a rating.]

Lots to love about this – there’s always something grimly satisfying about dealing summarily with a stream of grunts, even if the rocket-grunts’ ability to shoot round corners can be a bit dispiriting. It’s a good size (if sometimes a bit sparse for that size).

I mark it down one point to 4/5 for two reasons. First, there are two staircases with sticking-out posts that I was constantly getting caught on while trying to manoeuvre, a pet hate. And secondly, the very end is terribly anticlimactic: the level ends the instant you kill the boss, rather than letting you find and triumphantly enter a slipgate.

Still, lots of fun and a fine warm-up for the same author’s next map, the superb The Hand That Feeds You. (Amazing to think one was released only six weeks after this!)

[User added a rating.]

Replayed this. It stands up really well. There are better crafted levels, but not many that are this much fun.

[User added a rating.]

Not a huge fan, there are definitely better RickyT maps. IMO he still hasn’t topped his incredible Stark Monstrosity.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Dear reader: if you are playing this map in Nightmare mode, however tempting it might be to proceed otherwise, you are kindly advised to kill the last Gaunts with your weakest bullets.

Also, the silver key turned out to be useless as far as I was concerned: once you grab it, jump towards the rooftop opposite you. You will not reach it, but you’ll make it to the room below. (It’s not such a useful shortcut since you have to get to the silver key anyway).

I had a lot of fun with this map. More secrets would have been nice, especially because by the time you get to the existing ones, you’ve already done most of the hard work.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]