45321165cc7b736a0a3d07caaa66d54343fb847a8a9710130504e291b06d04b1

45321165cc7b736a0a3d07caaa66d54343fb847a8a9710130504e291b06d04b1
overall_rating 4.666666666666667 24

Forum thread for ctsj2

Now I want #The Crafting Jam#. Mazu breaks the laws.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “wizat” posted:

Not very summer themed

It’s a nice jam but I would’ve really liked more actual summer-themed maps like Bal’s, MFK’s, DFL’s and Radiator Yang’s.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “fw” posted:

To all reading: Do not download this broken version, please click the Slipseer Page link and download the latest version there. This specific version has no relevance to the general playerbase, and is simply a broken version of an existing file. Thanks.

Thanks for the notice! The ZIP seemed intact though and the checksum matches https://www.slipseer.com/index.php?resources/coppertone-summer-jam-2.103/version/125/download . Where can we find the correct ctsj2.zip file?

[User added a rating.]

I think FW was saying that v1.2 is the correct version and this version isn’t needed.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “fw” posted:

Yes, Flecked is correct. This page has no reason to exist other than to troll newbies and confuse people.

This version should be removed off the site or properly labelled as outdated. What a giant, giant oversight that that still isn’t a feature on this website that’s been around for decades.

Flecked: No problem! 1.2 is available as well and this page is simply documenting the older version.

fw:
The purpose of this database entry is documenting a publically released file that Quake fans will have downloaded and which they might reference in the future. It gives them the freedom to discuss this release and find information about it.

It sounds like you want to imply that this database entry was created to “troll newbies and confuse people” which would be utterly untrue and slanderous. I uploaded the file as soon as possible that that people would not complain about a new release not being available on Quaddicted, and radiatoryang was so nice to invest considerable time into metadata care so that there is a great database entry for it. I can’t believe you want to attribute malice to community service.

stickflip:
Adding metadata to mark releases as deprecated or related would be fantastic. It is not an oversight; on the contrary, we are well aware of many issues with the current file-based approach. I tried to design a much superior database and metadata structure in the past but interest, and more importantly, will to actually work together was too low for it to manifest so far.

This site has been open-source for a almost decade, allowing anyone to contribute features or changes, so I’d like to invite you to contribute that feature or at least describe in detail how it would be working from a user’s perspective in your mind. Please don’t use this comment section but the repository’s issue tracker for that, or if you prefer, our forums. Someone will need to step up to implement it then.

Unregistered user “chris” posted:

Very disappointed with this jam. Other than being released in the summer, having the level select be beach chairs, and giving Ranger a pair of shades, nothing in this map pack says summer to me. Seeing some big mapper names part of this jam was exciting, but jumping into one of these levels to see what looked like a smej extra from zigi and yet another medieval/wizard level from Fairweather was crushing – just knowing how cool a beach themed level from these talented mappers could look like. I would have killed for this jam to look something akin to the recent Overboard wad for Doom from Cyriak, but was instead left with a sour taste in my mouth from a jam that could only be described as off-topic and bland. There is so much unrealized potential here, it hurts.

1/5

[User added a rating.]