487d95067a657a4b10e1cd286b7935e70af284ebed91977f758f3fcf613c97d3

487d95067a657a4b10e1cd286b7935e70af284ebed91977f758f3fcf613c97d3
overall_rating 4.0 24

Forum thread for lpqsp2

Very nice. Although Coagula isn’t my favorite style of map, I really enjoyed this and thought it was well done, especially the visuals. The combat was more of a mixed bag. It was challenging throughout, mostly a fun challenge, but in a few places it felt like a grind.

I liked the way you integrated teleporters into the map. The sections beyond the teleports were distinct from the main section while still having the same otherworldly feeling.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

To any future players: probably stick with skill 0 and avoid skill 2 like the plague if “high monster density” is not your cup of tea. I say that not because I’m so 1337 but because I made some serious mistakes in balancing it, hehe. In particular the return to the second level is a bit of a shitshow.

[User added a rating.]

I thoroughly enjoyed this, in part because it doesn’t really feel too Coagula-like, and I didn’t constantly get insta-killed by a moment of faulty movement. Nice progression up through the levels of the first main area, and an enjoyable profusion of quads!

BTW., I don’t really understand why a 150-kill map with several distinct large areas was tagged as “small”.

For what it’s worth, I disagree with Lane Powell: I think the balancing on Hard is just about perfect, provided that your return to the second level is powered by the quad that is helpfully provided for that purpose.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I loved this one. I love the layered architecture, and any map where I can get the monsters to kill each other tends to become a favorite anyway.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]