Forum thread for ancient1.1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

…Again, i have a nagging feeling that the two-hour ‘Coffee’ time limit may have been slightly exceedet…

F*ck that! Very nice map! Small, tight, challenging and very well planned and designed… beautiful!

This one does not need Quoffee to stand out, it is an absolutely worthy ‘stand-alone’ release on it’s own.

Very good. Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for sharing!

[User added a rating.]

Awesome tight layout, full of tasty angles. The fights make great use of the limited space and get a lot of pressure out of the small monster count. The visuals are also top-notch and there’s some satisfying exploration and platforming gameplay. Although the short playtime is no weakness, I do wish there were a more conclusive ending and more secrets. It’s hard to take it as a bad sign when a map leaves you wanting more however.

[User added a rating.]

Fantastic; a real mood from the moment you step in and then a top-quality Quakey exploration journey with good combat pacing.

There may be a few too many instances of getting boxed in by monsters that jump down around you in small spaces. Other than that though, a great play!

I always appreciate having a non-mega-sized map to play, and this one certainly fits that bill but eh I wish it was a little longer. :slight_smile: I understand its origins though. Really glad you took the opportunity to polish it to this degree.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]