53277de96328a8d0ef7d4a8ba1d17827706455d568974cd465f7eec60f79ad5a

53277de96328a8d0ef7d4a8ba1d17827706455d568974cd465f7eec60f79ad5a
overall_rating 4.305555555555555 36

Forum thread for qx11_z1

Unregistered user “hkBattousai” posted:

Just why?
Just why is this game listed as four-star?

5/5

tbh I think the readme might have something to do with it :wink:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Replayed this, really enjoyed it. Lots of cannon fodder in the form of enforcers and grunts, but also a lot of open ground and cover so the hitscan and lasers don’t get annoying. Good interconnectivity, nice to have a few different routes to choose from. I appreciate maps that don’t restrict the player’s movement too much and allow for dodging, trickjumping etc. All in all, quite good.

[User added a rating.]

This map has a lot to recommend it: a unique concept, attention to detail, and good secrets. Only reason I don’t give this a 5 is the repetitive combat. Still, it’s definitely worth playing.

[User added a rating.]

Oh, this is beautiful! Lots of enjoyable base-blasting, then a very well handled segue into a dungeon-dimension area. Carefully set up combats, but perhaps a tad easy on Hard (especially at the end). Most enjoyable.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Repus” posted:

This is one of the most unusual levels I’ve seen built for Quake. I expected a certain style (typical for Quake levels), but this level stands out. It’s very wide horizontally and feels more like several decks of a space ship from sci-fi movies. Also the transition to medieval setting mentioned above is nice (and unexpected).

In general it feels very fresh. About 15-20 minutes of solid gameplay are guaranteed.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]