57a98c2ecff4ce8230824ff39c858212580443d15ac41e3ff8e8a865d0c2c98c

57a98c2ecff4ce8230824ff39c858212580443d15ac41e3ff8e8a865d0c2c98c
overall_rating 4.181912144702843 45

Forum thread for explorejam1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very fun experimental maps.

With Pulsar’s being more of a tutorial of sorts while the Sock’s being a free roam button search!

This shows a lot of potential with exploration maps such as being used a bonus secret level or such.

Unregistered user “newbie” posted:

While Pulsar’s seems “more of a tutorial” I can’t find the way to press the last button up there in the dark corner :slight_smile:

tried to shoot it?

or you can’t find a button that lowers the platform to the button in the corner?

Unregistered user “Newbie” posted:

The last (according to the message) upper button of the 3-button vertical row :slight_smile: Can’t shoot it :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “Newbie” posted:

Yeah!.. I’ve found the red shooting button at the corner :wink:
Great map, thanks!

[User added a rating.]

fun maps, i hope you make some more of these

[User added a rating.]

I enjoyed Quario Qube (explorejam1_pulsar), while nevertheless thinking it would have been more enjoyable with some monsters, guns and ammo tossed in. Found my way through, but my word I needed a lot of tries to pull of that diagonal slope-jump at the end!

It’s disconcerting having no measure of how far through a level you are. Usually the monster count is a decent proxy.

Unregistered user “Lavra” posted:

Two stimulating maps, with a very interesting use of architecture in terms of exploration and player dynamics. There are some movements which, somehow, reminds me to skateboarding in half or quarter pipes. It’s cool! :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

That was fresh! :slight_smile:
That could be pretty interesting in a bigger map alternating explorations and pockets of monsters. Some inspiring ideas for secrets there.
Liked both but Quario qube was really dark for me, had to kick up the brightness a bunch.

Explore Jam 1 on The Quake Grave

I don’t have much to say here besides that this little jam is pretty amazing. I’ve wanted this type of map for a little while and I’m glad that they exist now. I had a lot of fun playing these and I hope we get to see more of these in the future!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]