Forum thread for arma2

Unregistered user “Spirit” posted:

Nice oldschool map.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s one of the best (if not THE best) 1996 map Quaddicted (currently) has in its archives, and it’s from the same author who would deliver “Beyond Belief” one year later. Playability is definitely more important than design here, but nevertheless this is anything but ugly! A job well done for a level released so soon after the release of the original game.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Lots of running back and forth.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Overall, a pretty awesome level for 1996! There are a couple of weird things I call out in the video but nothing too strange to keep you from enjoying it! Bring on the end of the world, the sequel! Watch me play it here: Armageddon 2 on The Quake Grave

A nice little tricks and traps level, it likes to ambush you. That one fiend ambush is a bit much though. Fun but short level worth playing.

…I wonder what happened to Armageddon 1?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m pretty sure this is the sequel to a Doom deathmatch map by the same author: www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/a-c/armaged.zip

Anyway, I had a lot of fun with this map. It’s a short metal level with some tricks and traps up its sleeves. There is one rather irritating fiend ambush, but apart from that it’s a great level with nice looks (for '96) and great gameplay that still holds up pretty well. I recommend you give this one a playthrough. 4/5

[User added a rating.]

Agreed with previous commenters: for 1996, this is superb, significantly better than all but the very best of the original ID levels. Lots of fun to play, and pretty good to look at. I’ve only awarded 3* because Quake level design has moved on so very far since this was created, but it would have been a 4* map not so long ago, and 5* for sure when it was released.