747d91af9a4f1284579843f22addeaac93ca3a0ce25e68591b802293e51a93c8

747d91af9a4f1284579843f22addeaac93ca3a0ce25e68591b802293e51a93c8
overall_rating 1.538461538461539 26

Forum thread for k_dark1b

This looks like it could work pretty well as a deathmatch map but as a single player map…I guess I’ll never understand why map authors just add monsters to them… You can watch me play it here: Keep it Dark! on The Quake Grave

[User added a rating.]

Yeah, this is not very good as a single player map (I played this a while back and am speaking from memory), but there is something interesting about it. The entire … structure (for want of a better term) reminds me of a modernist house from the 1930s. It sort of looks like what Gropius, Mies van der Rohe or Wright would have made if they played around with a Quake editor for a while.

Yup, it has a strange setup indeed! I just think if you’re going to make a DM map, make a DM map. Unless you can make a decent single player experience within it of course. Here is the working link for the video! My fault on the last post. Keep it Dark! on The Quake Grave

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Pretty sure this is just a DM map with monsters stuck in it. I couldn’t find an exit anywhere. It might be pretty fun as DM, but the combat is just eh. Not much else to say, not really recommended for SP play.

A rather ugly deathmatch map with 14 enemies in it. I honestly think it could be pretty fun as DM but I rate these based off how good they are in single player. The teleporters and tricks are kinda interesting but I couldn’t find an exit. As an SP map, I give it 1/5.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

These DM maps with a few tacked on monsters are kind of, dunno, depressing. There’s so little happening; it’s so lifeless, especially when the rooms are kind of big, which makes the place feel all the more emptier.

It has a couple of neat things going for it, though: There’s a flight of stairs at the beginning of the map that cast cool shadows from the light underneath the stairs. Also, the idea of using blackness as the bounds for the map also makes the impression that the fortress is somewhere in the middle of a vast sea, or something.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

Don’t bother with this map either. Terribly designed sp map with no exit. 1 out of five from me.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]