7a854bcf4780eeaf5ef6cc55acf80a71cceee14494ea80e3bf20cfe25749ded5
overall_rating 4.052631578947368 38

Forum thread for ad_e3m2

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I read on func_msgboard that Sock has rejected this level from something, but I don’t know from what. Anyone know? (And can anyone explain why the rejection?!)

(By the way, I couldn’t find a single one of the secrets.)

It was rejected from inclusion in the AD update that’s being worked on (check out Sock’s youtube channel for some previews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaBPQwWBwMQUFgR7j2x8--Q).

[User added a rating.]

Fun map, a great remake done in the flavor of AD. Fog changes, skull wizards, and elaborate triggers help bring that notion home.

I only found one secret and I am fairly certain it was of the “Here have a secret on the house!” variety! I even noclipped afterwards and still came up empty…pretty secret secrets!

Oh you puny weaklings. :slight_smile:

Here is a secret guide if you’re still scratching your heads.

[User added a rating.]

I really enjoyed this map too though I can see why it’s not to be included in the upcoming AD 1.5. While fun, it’s lacking that extra ‘wow’ factor that seems to be a prerequisite for AD maps.

I’m really glad it got a separate release though. The more maps with all the bells and whistles of AD, the better in my opinion.

PS: Found 2 secrets!

Hmm, I wish I had said “puny earthlings” instead…

I actually thought this was comparable to some of the remix maps in the full AD release. Visually, it looks polished and has just enough added detail to feel like a more modern interpretation of the original id map. Gameplay and progression are different enough to make the experience feel fresh, and the AD monsters were well-used (the skull-casting wizards looked a little out of place, but they worked well gameplay-wise). I was a little surprised that there were no breakables in the map, but of course an AD map doesn’t have to use all AD features.

For me the secrets mostly hit the right balance between too hard and too easy – just challenging enough to be satisfying, but without being overly frustrating. I found two on my first playthrough, and spotted a third I could not yet figure out how to get to. It took me a few tries to find the lot, but they all felt pretty fair in retrospect.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

i enjoyed the AD spin on this classic. the reworked gameplay kept me guessing. i found 4/5 secrets.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]