89167a0c84b52dc8e6d6c44853afd756379f553b98ab8edb745e30f54c5061bc

89167a0c84b52dc8e6d6c44853afd756379f553b98ab8edb745e30f54c5061bc
overall_rating 3.875 24

Forum thread for fortress_1_1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very nice map, especially given it’s the author’s first. I played this on skill 2 and I did feel like health and ammo were too plentiful and that the enemy encounters could have been more difficult.

Overall, great job! I’ll be looking forward to your next project, and thank you for sharing with us!

[User added a rating.]

Played on skill 3, great map, a lot of room searching, for dreaded red buttons lol but got to give it 5/5, really enjoyed the map, like it was ID made

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Another new mapper? Welcome aboard!

I really enjoyed this map. Classic Quake - but still with some new ideas…and a couple that seems to hark back to Doom! And with better texture alignment than ID did!

All in all… very well done. Absolutely decent brushwork, modest use of coloured lights, very good mood-setting (even though it is a bit short of background sound effects) decent monster placement and so on. Here and there, there is room to play a bit more with lighting, but that is nitpicking on my behalf.

The brainwork behind the map is decent too - good planning, restraint, sticking to the ‘base map’ concept, and a not too linear path through it all.

Very playable. Very enjoyable. Please carry on mapping Addy - and thanks for your effort, thanks for sharing!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

4/5

I liked this map a lot! Good gameplay, and nice arenas.

However i have to say that the aesthetic needed a little more polish. It was great that the eniviroment were different from each other (i really liked the lobby area with the wooden desk, and the relic room before the gold key) alas, some were just really simple corridors. In my opinion a few additional support beams here or there would have been right at home.

As for a first map, it made a great impression on me! i hope to see more maps from the author soon!

[User added a rating.]