991ddc7b054ee407d1e6f7ec973540b22c9bd598ccc37bd7cffd1a1cea144c71

991ddc7b054ee407d1e6f7ec973540b22c9bd598ccc37bd7cffd1a1cea144c71
overall_rating 4.480769230769231 52

Forum thread for czgtoxic

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Short level, I beat it in about 10 minutes, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Even if you ignore the limitations under which this was made, this is a great little map. Gameplay is well balanced and monster placement is effective and feels natural. Progression is clear without feeling forced and makes perfect sense in context: yes, you have to find and press buttons, but they all serve a narrative purpose.

The roof texture as you enter is strangely low-res and sadly (yet in this instance understandably) there are no secrets. Overall this lacks the impact of some more epic releases, but it is – barring the lack of secrets – a near-perfect example of what a small map should be.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Thanks to its great texturing, this feels a lot like a Quake 2 map playable with Quake monsters and weapons. Unlocking those access levels which release new waves of enemies is fun. Backtracking is avoided as much as possible, balancing is well done, gameflow is perfect. Maybe it’s a bit short, but this way it feels like a compact, focussed and straight-forward experience. Thumbs up!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A truly astonishing experience, and surely the best 100-brush map of all time. (I know it won the 100b competition it was in, but to me it seems head and shoulders above the winners of the other 100b competitions, too.) Feels absolutely solid.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Incredible what was done with the limitations at play. Perfect flow and nice to look at to boot!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]