9c2607fb75f1145ebf69388df894aef4e0ef9abbb20a5c5afab30ccfc363eee8

9c2607fb75f1145ebf69388df894aef4e0ef9abbb20a5c5afab30ccfc363eee8
overall_rating 4.238095238095238 21

Forum thread for test_chaos1

First thought, the map structure seemed like a homage to a UT99 deathmatch. Second thought, after the first few encounters, this is brilliantly done. Monster placement was challenging and thoughtful and with the addition of the jump boots the map opened up gradually, encouraging further exploration.
Great re-playability too, which is what I’m off to do now.

[User added a rating.]

This map makes you explore, well you have to to get the books, but on skill 3 the map is brutal.Enemy hard as hell, and they dont f–k around.Can get lost in its confusing lay out, but def 5 star.As soon as you start and walk up the stairs, you know your in for a rough time lol.

Oh yeah i picked the 666 version tablet, saying 107 kills, on hard tablet says 104, walk straight threw no tablet picked says 100

[User added a rating.]

This great, and I just love that minecraft water

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’d played the AD Chaos mod using the vanilla Quake maps via the AD start portal and found them interesting. This map, however, was just much more enjoyable with the mod and a blast to play!

It’s just the very definition of replay value and a wonderful challenge. I’d love to see some more test maps. Thanks!

Great reply value indeed and also a multitude of
other maps that will benefit from the wonderful
insanity of this mod/modes.

I was wondering, as the jump boots appear in the test map,
whether there was a way to spawn the boots in other maps
i.e. boot 1 as such??

Unregistered user “I Like Quake” posted:

Anybody survive this on the first run?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m not fond of things like Chaos mode — I enjoy the process of clearing a map, and like it to stay cleared. But happily, this map plays perfectly well in non-chaos mode and is a deliciously challenging proposition. Open areas that are hard to get into, cramped areas where combat is awkward, confusion arising from the layout – all good stuff. I’m not sure, though, that the weird textures add anything. I’d have preferred the regular Quake look.