9c67c137d4bf1e2033ff0d8472f0b3e78e1bfa186e3279e89e4b8a013474c99e

9c67c137d4bf1e2033ff0d8472f0b3e78e1bfa186e3279e89e4b8a013474c99e
overall_rating 2.96 25

Forum thread for scream

Fairly pretty, short, and for the most part kind of fun in a silly, over-the-top deathmatch-style ultra-violent way – but unforgivingly brutal. The shortness of the map means that dying and restarting is not too frustrating, but the difficulty level is very high, and I found the final battle simply unfair. I suspect you need to play nearly perfectly up to that point so as to have plenty of health and armour if you want to survive it (at least on skill 1; I haven’t tried skill 0).

The starry sky is a welcome change from the standard black void of this style of map, but a stationary starry skybox would probably have looked better (given that you have an unrestricted view of that which would normally be hidden by cliffs and walls).

I found Terracotta Terror (https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/terror.html), which seems to be this map’s companion piece, to be a much more enjoyable experience.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Yeah, OK, this is ridiculous. This is the reason I didn’t enjoy Coagula 2 very much, except multiplied by fifty. It’s just nonstop projectiles being hurled your way, you never get a break. There’s not nearly enough health, either. It’s also way too predictable, every time you pick up an important item, a flock of five Scrags appears (which is also annoying). This is exactly how a space/void map should NOT be done in my opinion. Its visuals aren’t too great either. It’s kinda cool that they used Doom textures, but the architecture is really blocky. I would recommend against this one to be honest.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I didn’t mind the brutal difficulty in itself so much, but the choice of monsters was a little annoying–to many scrag swarms. Not bad by any means but it doesn’t hold a candle to Tronyn’s best maps, nor to certain other coagula maps.

[User added a rating.]

I love me some void maps but not when they have terrible gameplay. Unfortunately Starscream has just that. Like others said the map follows the “Push a button, spawn scrags” flow and it is as exciting as it sounds.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]