adaebb20f37d97997ba1b7877f3000299286f03c42bded3e901e18697f52a917

adaebb20f37d97997ba1b7877f3000299286f03c42bded3e901e18697f52a917
overall_rating 2.785714285714286 14

Forum thread for swintime

A real puzzle. I found all secrets, but didn’t get nailgun and rune of invulnerability (shown in the screenshot)…

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Played on skill 2. All killed and all 3 secrets and probably all except one of the non-numbered.

Brushwork detail is around iD maps, layout varies from linear with side areas to hub-like, combats are always straightforward, ammo and weapons are usually put in side areas, so without all of them, the map is short on ammo and with all, a bit lower iD maps, lighting is adequate and secrets are a bit easy to find with adequate rewards.

This map is competent and solid and one that depends a lot on small parts of exploration for items to progress, but it is quite simple and the side areas short. Some combats can be from unfair to impossible without exploring well for everything the map has to offer, but if the exploration was done well, just around iD difficulty.

A 4- considering the year.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A competent map indeed. The encounters are fun and the balance is pretty good. It was pretty challenging, as I was unable to find any other weapons besides the SSG and NG during my first run.

Which brings me to the secrets, some of which seem to rely on random hitting the walls or hoping that the collateral damage happening around you will open them, which I’m not a fan of.

Also, the brush and texturework becomes a bit too simple towards the final arena.

These cons aside I think it’s still definitely worth playing!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Decent but kind of bland, even by the standards of 1996/97. The start of the map is frustrating, with the player facing a horde of zombies and the grenade launcher hidden in a secret, although to be fair it’s an easy secret to find.

[User added a rating.]

Just brutal in the absence of ammunition and weapons – for example, you spend the first half of the map plagued by zombies, but with no explosives (or quads). Very very little ammo for the shotgun. Plenty of nails, but no nail-gun until late in the game, and only then you have to find a secret.

I kind of enjoyed the difficulty at first – trying to provoke infighting between vores and spawns, finding ways to trap fiends in water so they couldn’t come after me and soak up my shells, and so on. But after a bit more this, when I found myself down to 9 health and 3 shotgun shells with another hell-knight bearing down on me, I thought “this is no fun” and impulse 9’d it. I don’t regret it.

Not really worth playing in 2018.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

average quake map from 1997 that is bland and boring to play through. It is a functional map that is difficult to play through without finding all secrets in the level where needed weapons and ammunition is hidden. I would say skip playing this quake map as it is not memorable to play through. i would give this map a three out of five rating.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]