ae2042c9d2c5b618c17b1ce4d0aac1c7addccf9924393bfffd4b4451dc89a604

ae2042c9d2c5b618c17b1ce4d0aac1c7addccf9924393bfffd4b4451dc89a604
overall_rating 3.53125 18

Forum thread for mescalito

Well designed, indeed, good brushwork and layout too.

The architecture is average and the placement of monsters varies in quality and quantity a lot, health is low on nightmare, but ammo/armor are OK. Secrets are good and well placed. Only a few places where i got stuck for a bit, like where the first fiend is, but the rest is almost top-notch.

Resuming, it’s a very fun map to play. Recomended.

Pretty awesome map. Goes to show that just a few grunts can be a nuisance on open maps.

Missed nailgun on my first playthrough and didn’t have enough ammo for the last battle - had to run in circles while monsters killed themselves.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very nice map. Looks good (albeit perhaps a little plain by current standards) and gameplay is great fun, with good enemy choice and placement, nice secrets and a sadistic sense of humour. It ended unexpectedly quickly, but at the same time I’m glad there was no clichéd shambler-finale.

I have no idea what hkBattousai is talking about; s/he must have experienced a weird engine compatibility bug or something.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Not as good as Speedy’s later maps but still a very fun one with fast gameplay. I was unable to find how to reach the GL secret. There’s no hidden path, no jumping-on point, no button to trigger some event, no apparent teleporter… Anyone figured that one out?

I encountered the same problem as hkBattousai in Quakespasm 0.93.1. Noclipping outside the map, I found a monster closet with 3 ogres and 3 scrags that failed to spawn. Killing the scrags completed the sequence and triggered the bars to open.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]