b074451982d1c8f860fcde4b2371af387fe237fec287681849087a3af602ff99

b074451982d1c8f860fcde4b2371af387fe237fec287681849087a3af602ff99
overall_rating 3.916666666666667 48

Forum thread for 5rivers

Unregistered user “Qauker” posted:

Wasn’t boring for me, I found it good and a rare theme for Quake.

Unregistered user “necros” posted:

i enjoyed this. the first and second map follow the doom3 hell map somewhat closely, but after that it explores new territory. it plays a lot like the doom3 hell map too, and is completely linear. in fact, you don’t revisit any areas at all.
you have to respect a mapper who builds all those areas and doesn’t try to squeeze extra gameplay out of them by having them return there. obviously, returning to previous areas can be a good gameplay mechanic, but i rarely see a map that avoids it completely.

Unregistered user “MegaQuaker” posted:

Underrated. Probably the best Doom 3 map save Ruined Nation. Also Spirit’s comment makes no sense, considering he rated this excellent.

Unregistered user “Spirit” posted:

The description sounds like negke wrote it. Ratings are meant to be objective. Descriptions and ratings are not “mine”. negke did most, several others contributed in early days.

So you cannot compare anyone’s personal opinion with whatever rating someone gave this map. I would probably have given this pack a Nice rating. There are way too many bad aspects in my eyes to justify an Excellent rating. Personally they are just about Average to me.

Unregistered user “MegaQuaker” posted:

Sorry, was confused, though you handled all the “Crap, Poor, Average, Nice, Excellent” ratings.

Unregistered user “Cocerello” posted:

Played on normal and nightmare.

In all three maps,the ambience is the best part of these maps, sometimes a bit too dark, i had to wait till night to play this :smiley: (my window doesnt have blind or shutter). The textures are good, but sometimes seemed greyish, maybe making them darker and putting more lighting would be better. The layout is very simple and the architectural look varies, some places are good to see and the other are just plain corridors.

Difficulty is mostly lower than ID maps, except for the final map and some places in the second. Theres more than enough ammo, maybe too much, and a fair amount of health ans armor.Monster placement varies, theres some dull placement and other well placed.

Worth mentioning that theres some places that you get attacked by a lot of monsters just after teleport; a chaotic fight indeed. In the final map, the difficulty varies a lot, thers some piece of cake moments, but when the two final waves appear , survive is more to luck than to ability. i would make the waves shorter but faster.

Overall, this map deserves a 4 in my opinion.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]