b30455a223dc8d76f448292fb21d31cef7ae47e06bc5a10c81f145f020042cd8

b30455a223dc8d76f448292fb21d31cef7ae47e06bc5a10c81f145f020042cd8
overall_rating 3.421052631578947 19

Forum thread for unholy

[User added a rating.]

This looks interesting, but I don’t understand the need of it being only compatible with FTL; I mean, why not QuakeSpasm? I honestly don’t think Quake can get any better on any other source port. It’s like picking Doomsday Engine over GZDoom.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I don’t know what to do at the very beginning with the windy window. (I used fte.)

One that I really want to play, but keeps crashing, even with FTE Quake.

Update, I downloaded the newest version of FTE quake, and works well. Impressive, atmospheric work. Well worth the small effort to get running.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Actually, my first time using FTE Quake. It ran the map without any issue, although I couldn’t seem to get the graphics set to a pleasing spot regardless of how I tweaked the contrast/ brightness/ gamma. I remember DM QW from back in the day and how it had the ability to push levels from the server to you. Good to see it’s still in development.

This was a very interesting level with some new (to me) features that made it fun to play and explore. The mini- Shubs loaded with Spawn did get to be a drag though.

I found it much easier to do a fresh install of FTE and just grab the Pak Files. Adding FTE to my normal directory the game just crashed everrrryyyyyy single time.

Anyways Check out Quakefans - https://youtu.be/-6kkxV0XnVo

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Though I wasn’t very keen on setting up and playing through FTE (there were numerous audio issues on my end and was not happy with the overall look at all), this was a blast: proper old-school looks coupled with an adventurous flow, felt like a streamlined Hexen II experience merged with Quake assets allright. Lots of cool touches of its own, and as the author states in the readme, it gets better and better along the way.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Tedious prologue, slow start, crash before getting out of the cellar area that you fall into right at the beginning. It may be because I am using Quakespasm instead of FTE; but then I am using the updated version that I assume is intended to remove that restriction. And anyway: what the heck is with making maps that only work for one engine? That’s like making a website that can only be viewed with Firefox. We left that behind in the 1990s, amirite?