b4fd7d52cf664527692dfdfb8f761a846699a23f9d9a33edac4c3f9de49cddd6

b4fd7d52cf664527692dfdfb8f761a846699a23f9d9a33edac4c3f9de49cddd6
overall_rating 2.3125 16

Forum thread for the_journey

Huge map, odd layout. Last thew rooms, complicated and hard. Enemy are to well spaced apart, so no real problems killing them without loss of any health,good fun map,worth a blast.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Poor texturing, and the level design is quite wacky… but I can’t say I didn’t enjoy it. It was fun at a bunch of points, feels like a Doom map.
For the author- I’d say play some of the more contemporary maps (Arcane Dimensions, SMEJ) and try and base your scale off of those maps. A lot of places are too big or too small, but very interesting at their core.

[User added a rating.]

Thanks for reviewing, any criticism is welcome so I can improve.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

After the spaceship thing dumps you in a featureless room, how are you supposed to get out?

… or is it supposed to carry you down through the floor into the area below where the ship itself finishes up?

Impatient, I just noclipped down to the spaceship base and continued from there to the end.,

Can I say this is a good map? I cannot. But can I say i didn’t enjoy it? No, I can’t say that, either. It was 274 kills of uncomplicated fun (or 268 in my case, I evidently missed half a dozen monsters), and that counts for something. But sometimes less really is more, and The Journey could really have done with being half the length and twice the quality.

I see this is Paul Keefner’s first published map, and that he already has two more in the database. I’ll be interested to see how he progresses.

[User added a rating.]