b669d0b898d54acc399dff584173bcb7a058ba5c2838058a7e155a5783428d23
overall_rating 4.647058823529412 68

Forum thread for ad_heresp1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

could be called the crucible for its difficulty. sprawling, distinct zones. memorable map. recommended.

Dripping with atmosphere. High quality!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Absolutely Awesome on every level! Can’t say enough good of this!
(Actually, I’d have preferred a more evocative name… but you can’t have everything, I guess)

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Wowee that was a great map. 5 outa 5 for sure!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Missing a bunch of sounds… is there something else I should have downloaded?

You’re on Linux, right? You’ll need to rename the sound/MarkieV1 directory to be all lowercase.

negke: not exactly, because Heresy mixed a few different “spellings”. If Solomoriah renames it to markiev1, additional links for Markiev1 (lowercase v) and MarkieV1 (uppercase v) will also be needed. I don’t know if mappers have a tool to postprocess their maps and fix those kind of errors automatically. It would be very easy to code and they wouldn’t need to worry about that while doing their actual mapping work.

I absolutely loved this map, although one of the puzzles worried me. I had just quit on two of Smilecythe’s maps because of speedy puzzles that are really not my thing and I hope this doesn’t become the next Quake trend, it absolutely ruins otherwise great maps for me. Luckily the less fun parts stopped right there and then.

The rest is magnificient, not far behind Leptis Magna as far as greatness goes. The map is absolutely beautiful, huge, full of enemies and secrets, and extremely varied. Thank you so much for this map Heresy!