bb6dae8f46c914521278cf5695166e07140722fa4e5c5aba723805c384e8419c

bb6dae8f46c914521278cf5695166e07140722fa4e5c5aba723805c384e8419c
overall_rating 2.956521739130435 23

Forum thread for castle_attack

[User added a rating.]

Hm.

This is difficult to rate.

On one hand, this mapper is able to plan a pretty good castle and has the brushwork abilities to create it and populate it with a fair assortment of monsters. It is a quite interesting play-through,

On the other hand, the map needs a lot more detail, and the texturing is abysmal. There is some decoration and background noise, but it could be better. Lighting…

And what’s the idea of bothering with a soundtrack, if the map can’t load it?

Alright. Planning, brushwork and monster placement good. Please work on the rest, and i’m sure the next release will be absolutely amazing!

Thanks for sharing, i look forward to see the next map!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I think the author had trouble getting custom music working. I’ve emailed them with some advice for future releases.

But I think this map is a notable improvement on their previous levels, a lot more variation and more ambitious… and the castle facade is better brushwork than before, some good scale work is happening here. Keep going, Keefner!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Some wide Areas were a little bit boring. It got better when i got inside. Looking forward for future releases. Thank you.

I tried to help with the music packaging but the complete mess with engine support confused us greatly. Sorry! (Crazy how in 2022 one cannot simply specify an Opus file with an arbitrary trackname.)

[User added a rating.]

I had a fun romp through this map, clearly ambitious. Some of the texture choices are pretty strange, but the scale is large, and there are some nice details in there. Keep mapping!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s great to see this author progress. There were some interesting and fun elements in this map.

As previously stated, the texturing could stand improvement, and certain areas that wandered around and led to nothing left me scratching my head.

Overall though, it was a fun and enjoyable level to play and I’m looking forward to what will come next.

Thank you for sharing with us!

[User added a rating.]

I agree with the other commentators.
I did find a fix for the music.

Place the music file into your id1/music directory for example.
Open console and type “music track76”
This will play the correct track.