c600c5d81628bff2ad6b9e03e5378477e29e61b36144a56fa3a4c5bf141be813

c600c5d81628bff2ad6b9e03e5378477e29e61b36144a56fa3a4c5bf141be813
overall_rating 4.208333333333333 48

Forum thread for eels

Unregistered user “hkBattousai” posted:

How do I get out of Water element section? I am stuck just at the beginning.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Dymitry” posted:

Push the button at the far end of the room from where one drops down and receives the “water elements” message, then return to the entrance of the room and enter the water below where you landed. There is an underwater path with two spawns, then a room above where everything must be killed to open the exit.

Now you can re-rate the map.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Fun map, the rooms are a little bit “copy and paste” but it’s still nice. :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “r” posted:

While running the darkplaces the blue key doesn’t “fall from the skies” so the QuakeSpasm is still a better solution.
The darkplaces is always having the problem with the keys

hkBattousai never re-rated the map :frowning:

[User added a rating.]

I’d probably rate this a 4, but I can’t stand to see such an unjust 1/5 rating affect it so unjustly!

This is definitely a very traditional map; simple, practical layout without too much visual flair (but definitely not too little, either!) and a good variety of encounters and enemies. My biggest complaint with this map would have to be with its ammo distribution; even as I was quicky running out of shells and nails, I was getting plenty of rocket pickups which I found pretty annoying at first, since I had neither a RL or a GL. The map is obviously balanced around the idea of the player finding the GL secret early on, which in my opinion is never a good idea; secrets should not be necessary to finish a level, they should only make it easier.

I did find the GL after I got the SK, and the map was definitely more manageable after that point, which was a good thing since I definitely would have run out of ammo fighting there.