c8eaf0bbfe606b59dbbb5644dc5a3a6e6dd75d871201daf799ceeaa820ad76ce

c8eaf0bbfe606b59dbbb5644dc5a3a6e6dd75d871201daf799ceeaa820ad76ce
overall_rating 2.769230769230769 26

Forum thread for subq1sp

[User added a rating.]

Saving crashes the game with QuakeSpasm 0.93.1 under Debian 10.9:

Saving game to /home/username/.quakespasm/id1/s0.sav…
*** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/lib/quake/quake-engine terminated

No need to noclip to get the silver key, use your eyes. The door did open properly when I used it.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Even with the key, no door or opening would open, with it, i tried every door or crevice with it, maybe because im using spasm spiked version i dont know, but on my machine, the map is bugged, using or not using my eyes.

[User added a rating.]

Ran it with QuakeSpasm 0.93.2, no problems.
Seems like the authors first upload? If this is a first map, i’m quite interested in how this author will develop…
Fairly plain map, but quite a few details in some sectors. Others are a bit plain, in general reasonable monster selection/placement, and some secrets are quite well hidden!
I think a “3”, but i see some potential for the future… :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very old-school. Plays like a mixtex map from 1996 or 1997. It’s crude for sure, but it’s also offbeat and more interesting than some of the “good” recent releases. I like much of the architecture, especially the “Quake church.”

For me, the map’s main drawback is monster placement. It features a bunch of hordes, but in my playthrough, nearly all of them succumbed to automatic infighting. In other cases, I was able to pick off enemies from a distance, making waves of monsters effectively harmless.

Still, this is a nice debut, and I hope the author releases more maps.

[User added a rating.]

Exactly what JMP said, and I had zero problems with the sk/gk doors. Not a masterpiece but definitely not worth 1 or 2 hearts.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]