cf57728e2f358d2d00883584e2455e37eecea7741015cbadbce22f4543b88f29

cf57728e2f358d2d00883584e2455e37eecea7741015cbadbce22f4543b88f29
overall_rating 3.742857142857143 35

Forum thread for bmfbrsp1

[User added a rating.]

Fabio, congrats on your first map! This seems a difficult birth (20 years!), i hope the next map will arrive a little bit faster… :wink:
There are some good ideas in this map. The negative thing… too many textures. IMHO this would have been very good, especially for a first map, if just one set of textures / one style had been used throughout.
Looking forward to the next map!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Mildly entertaining map with a few very good ideas. Very oldschool. Impressive for a first attempt started so many moons ago.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I really liked this. A mishmash of classic styles, from runic to base and back again. It’s kind of weird, but I appreciated it since Quake mappers tend to be quite conservative about this and it gave it a freshness. The visuals are uneven as you might expect from a gestation with a double-decade interruption (the large churchy area near the start being the most late-90s). But saying that, there are lot of nice architectural ideas going on without it being fussy. Brutalism suits Quake best in any case. The nail-shooter trap area winding through itself to the outside was my favourite part of the map. It looked excellent with the runic flligree and was a tight bit of level design. Wish I could have worked out how to get that RL though. Speaking of secrets, the red armour entrance was a fine bit of in plain sight secret sequestering!

Difficulty was bang on for me, I probably died around 5 times on nightmare with 9/14 secrets. Ammo quite plentiful, but as long as you’re dying, who cares?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m glad the author decided to finish and release this after 20 years. I don’t mind the mixing of textures; it’s charmingly old-school, and most of the individual rooms look good. The secrets are also good. I missed a bunch, and that alone gives this replay value.

[User added a rating.]