d609e6800f4026d56c23caae6c9925a2a7c62de1d6cdbfe21b342259b1c4e1e9

d609e6800f4026d56c23caae6c9925a2a7c62de1d6cdbfe21b342259b1c4e1e9
overall_rating 3.905208333333333 32

Forum thread for hhouse

Unregistered user “Sid” posted:

One of my favs, ever.

Unregistered user “hkBattousai” posted:

Pretty good gaming in such a small area.

last room seems impossible to survive, which is sad because the entire map prior to that point is nothing short of awesome in both gameplay and construction. maybe I just need to try again. :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is an amazing map. It has wonderful visuals and great gameplay. It’s rather difficult and you really have to use ammunition wisely, but it’s very rewarding when you finish. It’s a bit confusing at first that you have to kill all the enemies for certain doors to open but you get used to it. The combat is tight and fun as well.

The only other complaint I have is that the last part is a bit overkill, I barely got through it and had to Shambler-dance with an axe for about a third of the last Shambler’s health.

I most certainly recommend this to everybody though.

[User added a rating.]

This is an overlooked gem – a master-class in getting the most out of a small area. The stream of combats as you repeatedly retrace already-visited areas is finely judged (it’s hard on Hard), and there’s a real sense that you’re making progress, even though you rarely get to open up new territory.

I’ve not really seen anything like this before (Spring Cleaning from the second 100-brush competition would be closest, but it doesn’t make nearly such good use of the space). Despite the smallness, the blockiness of much of the architecture, and the bland lighting everywhere except the basement, I am awarding this four stars (by 2015 standards, so it would have been five not so long ago). A great demonstration of just how different Q1SP can be.

(Also: Scragbait evidently really loves his vores!)

BTW., has anyone found the secret? I didn’t.

[User added a rating.]

On replaying this, I found the secret, right at the start. It’s super-obvious. It helps a bit, but not much.

[User added a rating.]

This is another of those SP-maps that I go back to over and over again. It’s a solid “haunted house” map with some very tight gunplay.

The size of it all is pretty small, and you progress by killing off foes, finding keys and exploring, opening up parts of the house as you go.

Great fun!