d9a8fdaf633da6ba017d8c1e1b88fc89c5fa6dc0765efeb5191c02061beb7920

d9a8fdaf633da6ba017d8c1e1b88fc89c5fa6dc0765efeb5191c02061beb7920
overall_rating 2.923076923076923 26

Forum thread for darkfst

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very unique and atmospheric. The two grunts near the start were out of place and the ending was a little anticlimactic, but other than that, you can’t really fault this map.

Gameplay is a little simplistic, but I think it goes hand in hand with the theme and the great atmosphere.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Competent but tedious. All the schlepping back and forth after the gold and silver keys was particularly ho-hum. Apart from the novelty of the setting itself, no surprises at all. Sorry.

[User added a rating.]

love the idea, but:
i had to stay on the path for the map to function correctly.
the fiends were stuck in the ceiling. i use the reQuiem engine these days. haven’t tried any others.
the key searching was a little tedious. but i guess that’s what happens when lost in the woods.

i loved the atmosphere. if it were built a bit more like the forest map from ‘the demon king’ (https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/tdk11.html) it’d be much more enjoyable for me.
3 plus.

[User added a rating.]

I thought this map did a lot of cool things for a custom map back in 1997. Watch me play it here: Dark Forest on The Quake Grave

[User added a rating.]

Thank you, dBAudio, your comment really helped me (the fiends were stuck for me too, in regular winquake).

The map is pretty original and unusual, but this mistake with fiends, and a bit rough design and gameplay won’t let me to give more than 3/5. It just could be done better.
And why water in the swamp does hurt the player? This is illogical.

A short map with great ideas (traps, forest setting) and atmosphere, and with a simplicistic design

Tip: Shoot the two floating Fiends above the area where supposed to be a key (at least they float in my QuakeSpasm)

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “delor” posted:

VEEERY NICE !

This is the style of mapping I like: wide, open spaced, imaginative theme !

Unregistered user “delor” posted:

Is the author Tobias Reichert or another Reichert ?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]