dac3b5d076658656ea73f3e48f68442cd99a862860229fb868b8ad63ed67da35

dac3b5d076658656ea73f3e48f68442cd99a862860229fb868b8ad63ed67da35
overall_rating 3.352941176470588 17

Forum thread for ghost

Unregistered user “hkBattousai” posted:

I pushed the button inside the room locked with the gold key, but nothing happened. How does this game end? I don’t want to waste half an hour solving what pushing that button changed.
3/5

Very clever for 1997. Gameplay was fair. Finding the gold key is counterintuitive but the mapper was kind enough to lock the player into the room until finding the solution, which is part brilliant and part ultimate dick move.

Very clever for 1997. Gameplay was fair. Finding the gold key is counterintuitive but the mapper was kind enough to lock the player into the room until finding the solution, which is part brilliant and part ultimate dick move.

oops

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Probably unfair to judge this in 2013. That being said:

I was tempted by the screenshot and really wanted to like it, but found the gameplay frustrating (like an adventure game, where you might have the right general idea, but if you don’t have the exact same idea as the creator, you’re forever stuck).

Nice concept; pity it was not taken one step further (A Fistful of Doom comes to mind) and that you’re still shooting zombie soldiers or death knights, despite the location.

[User added a rating.]

i preferred the shotgun/grunt/enforcer mode.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

This is Roger Stein’s best quake map release thus far . This map has a unique western setting to it with plenty of secrets to discover
(8 in total) as well as great level design and interesting brushwork. I would recommend playing this classic quake map and would give it a three out of five rating.

[User added a rating.]

Good, simple fights with some decent design, as well as some cute secrets. What isn’t there to love? Pushing a button and traversing through the whole map again to find out what it did. Then again, that’s the only real problem I had. Took me out of the experience.

I’m gonna be generous though, considering it’s a map from when Quake was still wearing a diaper. Loved the map otherwise.