dd4cf3fb63f03919dd7bf958aec201d41ea0bae015fedbb657156c70ac3493f2
overall_rating 4.2 30

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Ricky, I have to break your heart. I love your sense for the ‘Quake 2’ style, but there are things about ‘Stark Monstrosity’, which simply made me not like the map. I did not finish it - guilty; but I would like to share some observations, nonetheless.

I have finally crystallized the notion of understanding for why some people dislike the ‘Quoth’ arsenal. These ‘Quoth’ enemies, indeed are over the top with their capabilities - in particular for their very default outlooks. Right after that, it is such a mixed bag - there are ‘Blood’ style gargoyles, next to total-nerd-out science-fiction troopers with plasma rifles, next to Cthulhu-mythos monsters - without any better context given clear to it. Similar solution I have seen in the ‘Return to Castle Wolfenstein’ campaign, with certain context there notwithstanding, but still I did not like it. Keep the decorum - keep the vibe together.

The map itself, appeared fairly non-linear, as far as I have played. Spatially speaking, it reminded me more of a palace of some sort, rather than an industrial base. For the sake of gameplay continuum, there was a lot of wandering around; a lot of confusion. The difficulty level, was high; I had to play on ‘normal’, but still did die quite a lot. I think this has to be the least enjoyable entry, compared to the ‘Slave to a Machine’ and ‘The Hand that Feeds’ of yours.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The name should have been a hint, but this map is big and very visually similar throughout, so finding your way around is hard. Progression isn’t as clear as it could be. Not terrible, not great.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Piece of art-mapping

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]