[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very basic, but quite a bit of fun.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

And all that could have Kinn (sm126_neg!ke) really has nothing in common with the Marcher Fortress beyond the colour scheme, but it was an interestingly different challenge nevertheless. It took a couple of tries to beat, but I did it by running around outside, allowing infighting to thin the ranks of vores and spawns, until I was low on health; then grabbing the megahealth and running inside, and grenading all the zombies; then waiting inside the barred gates for some of the remaining spawns to congregate and shotgunning them in chain-reaction batches; then triggering the buttons, killing the shambler, and going upstairs to run around the outside of that area until the ogres and death knights had all but killed each other. Finally, after triggering the two outside buttons I ran back inside, and picked off the new vores and scrags from range. (Needless to say, only after all that did I find the quad!)

Annoyingly, I came up one kill short. Oh well.

NO fancy Kastle hereINN (sm126_generic) lives up to its name: there is indeed almost no castle at all, just a chunky walkway that leads up to where the castle would be. Still, it’s pleasant enough.

As a pack, this is worth high two stars or low three, but probably just on the first side of that option. Its principal virtue is how different Negke’s map is from almost all other Quake maps … but neither map is actually very good. (Fair enough, of course, they’re only speedmaps!)