[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Five stars for Coffee Achiever’s maps.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Extremely inconsistent. Some maps are awesome gorgeously pretty crazy cool while others are… hm, well not bad but mediocre. Very strange pack. I mean usualy packs tend to be somewhat of unified style & quality but not this one. As for maps my absolute favourite is “Escape from the Miasma District”. One of the best maps available on QD ever made to date. Very impressive & inspiring map. THANKS to all authors anyway

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

For me, this is ‘only’ a 4.

As above stated; extremely inconsistent. There is some truly beautiful mapping here, as well as some…not. Some maps are inventive, all of them have good, some times brilliant ideas. And some crap. This is pretty much the standard for community packs.

But somehow, this pack manages to annoy the s*it out of me. There is somehow… too much. They have tried to include just about everything that ID ever made, plus the community conversions. The results are - in some cases - maps that try to do everything and just end up as gimmick-filled messes.

I’ll replay this, but not all the maps.

It is very pleasing to see a number of mappers that we don’t usually see here; i hope to see more from you. And i thank you all for your efforts! Happy New Year!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “HazzaTheFox” posted:

Two things.

The mod itself is absolutely FANTASTIC.
-Doom shotgun modifier is so awesome I won’t be able to use the old versions anymore (and yay hitscan! unlike AD)
-Great new monsters like cyber-shambler, upgunned grunts and grey nail ogres are crazy fun.
-My favourite old monsters- Multi-grenade ogres, beam Nightgaunts and those Axe-throwers from Unforgiven- are BACK!
-Best part is, the modifier that allows enemies to fire volleys or rapid-fire; especially sweet for Death Knights and Ogres, making them a far greater threat.

I do however agree about the level design; mostly basic geometry; they don’t give much direction to what you’re supposed to do or where to go; andthey aren’t really optimized for combat, enemy types, weapon discovery or ammo provisions (usually just big arenas with teleporting enemies)- as if these were more of an afterthought, expecting randomizer modifiers anyway. I real pity.

Unregistered user “HazzaTheFox” posted:

Update, I suggest for the most fun,
1- toggle on the Doom Shotgun + enemy volley modifiers (probably also the enemy randomizer). Put on a hard difficulty level.
2- get behind the start slipgate in the hub map and jump into the test map. Grab the OG + Armagon guns, the Grappling Hook and the 2nd most powerful jump boots.
3- Jump into the original Quake maps, with new enemies and powerups incorporated (just avoid touching any jump boots as they will permanently remove your double jumps)!

[User added a rating.]