ede0df60ea791f41669a90a22d581e9c738bccc1e9cbeb2543d2c235a389888b

ede0df60ea791f41669a90a22d581e9c738bccc1e9cbeb2543d2c235a389888b
overall_rating 3.866666666666667 30

Forum thread for coagula3_bone

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

My favourite of the three Coagulas. It looks great and plays amazing. There’s a lot of combat in wide open areas, and it uses almost all the enemies in Quake. Vores are used the way I like, to make the player constantly move around in the battle. There are many Shamblers, but they’re used correctly: with lots of cover and sufficient ammunition provided. The only enemy I feel was used incorrectly is spawns, which just aren’t very good in Coagula/void maps. They all jumped into the abyss, I didn’t have to shoot a single spawn and I killed all the enemies on the map. The switches are well placed too. This is simply an excellent map that everybody should play.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Agreed with JellyGal, not sure why this is rated lower than the other two Coagulas. I mean, this is miles ahead of the first one! Love the blue.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I found the texturing to be… interesting. I don’t prefer it over the original style, to say the least. Gameplay wise this map is an improvement over coagula2, but some of the enemy choices were honestly poor. Spawns really don’t do very well in open spaces - I’ve always been impressed by the ability of Fiends to stay on the map most of the time, but Spawns fall off so, so much more often. I think I only actually “killed” two of them in my playthrough - the rest committed suicide.

[User added a rating.]

Definitely the most interesting of the three – but also the least coagula-like. Much of it takes place very much indoors. Also, like part 2, ludicrously over-provisioned with ammo, health and even armour.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]