f294c8fd9cf91e7663217f41de17081eb7579e2d5adf679bd52dc428e3f29bf9

f294c8fd9cf91e7663217f41de17081eb7579e2d5adf679bd52dc428e3f29bf9
overall_rating 3.941176470588236 34

Forum thread for precipice_continuum

WOW, this was a surprising map. At first, or if you look at the SC you think that it’s another decent outdoor map, but when you begin playing, even the decent brushwork, linear layout, and nothing special monster placement blends extraordinary well with the rest with no reason and you get to play a truly excellent map.

Difficulty is a bit over ID maps, OK. A highlight too is how it’s made the layout into 2 interconnected ways that feel natural. The bigger drawback to this map is that there’s enough ammo to spam it, even in nightmare, and that it needs to be better distributed across it.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Definitely a classic! This ancient setting with its temples and aqueducts creates the impression of having travelled back in time, a bit like the second Daikatana episode. Super Nailgun lovers will definitely dig this map since there is tons of ammo for it, and you are going to need those nails for sure. A bit tough, but enjoyable.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s impressive, but not particularly enjoyable. It all feels too arbitrary, and it suffers from more than the usual amount of Sticky Scenery Sydrome. Maybe it would have been more fun on Hard than on Nightmare, but to me it felt like a grind.

[User added a rating.]

i definitely enjoyed this.

[User added a rating.]

What is lacks in detail is makes up for in fresh, surprising progression. Didn’t feel arbitrary to me at all. It’s also nice to see ancient Greek ruins in a game with so many quasi-medieval fortresses and the occasional Egyptian/Mayan ruin. Only problem is there was too much ammo, and there was an entire large area near the end of the map I found I could skip and go straight to the exit. I also missed a lot of monsters, somehow.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]