f34cd718f34efbefadb45bcb159fbdf201acfaa1eeaed37c0eaf1856a5fb3bdb

f34cd718f34efbefadb45bcb159fbdf201acfaa1eeaed37c0eaf1856a5fb3bdb
overall_rating 3.818181818181818 23

Forum thread for alk12

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

it’s possible to exit the first two maps in under a minute by jumping up and over some terrain.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I enjoyed the maps for the most part, although like the other commenter said there is a pretty bad skip. The later maps also have issues, with the second having a large leak in the sky and the third having nowhere near enough ammunition for the end of the map. Throughout the set there are a large number of fullbrights, which suggests that the map was tested on an engine without fullbrights. (Seriously, they’re on basically every texture…)

Apart from all those issues, the combat was fun, with the new kinds of monsters neither detracting or adding significantly to the experience.

[User added a rating.]

I found this a bit of a trudge: it’s all very competent, but there’s no inspiration for me, and it feels more like a training exercise than a game. I’m still giving three stars because there is something grimly satisfying about smashing your way through so many enemies is so relatively small a space. But for my money, it’s nowhere close to Kona’s best work.

(Also, I don’t understand why these are three small maps instead of one decent-sized on. There are something like 150 monsters in total, which would have been a reasonable size even back in 2002.)

Under a minute? More like under 10 seconds.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]