f64f783eb10a83b56eef815b1387f7e7b66cc56d3b60fefc3495fc2c2cde9e30
overall_rating 4.25925925925926 27

Forum thread for aur1_amuse_upd1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very nice map; the previous training with speedmaps have paid off!
Nicely balanced, mood set with quite efficient lighting, sounds and music, and of course a lot of good brushwork - well, what’s not to like?

Very nice! Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for sharing!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Absolutely loved the visuals, very sinister, a true evolution of the runic theme, with great lighting. Combat was a little tedious at times, but it doesn’t take away much from the overall package.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Aesthetics: nice balance of details and minimalist flat textures. Rooms are flat, but doesn’t feel boring and id1-like. It feels modern, and the combat with those rooms is really dynamic and fun. I.e, really looks nice, and uses some really creative ideas with the battles, too.

Combat: my only complaint is that I ran out of ammo for the last fight (skill 2). Couldn’t beat it without cheats, simply due to ammo shortage (can’t fight a shambo in a room with moving pillars with just an axe). Also, a couple of times throughout the map I was fighting hell knights and ogres with only a shotgun, even though I had already gotten other weapons. Ammo was just too scarce. Drop a few more nails across the map, and it’s a really, really solid map.

I got soft-locked by falling into one of the small elevators with monsters in them (which get shut off by encountering a secret). If the player falls into those holes, there’s no way out; had to noclip.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]