fb587e766029383a479379bae6be00e14d975361db2a2d34d50bbcf04f21f958

fb587e766029383a479379bae6be00e14d975361db2a2d34d50bbcf04f21f958
overall_rating 4.143790849673203 36

Note that for people who find combat too unbalanced in the beginning, you can extract the .bsp from add2.pak and dump it inside add.pak if you’ve also installed the previous map, A Desert Dusk. This is not in the readme but the game will then chain the two maps like it’s supposed to, with guns and ammo carried over from the first one.

[User added a rating.]

Running out of ammo at the very start is extremely frustrating. Evidently this was designed to be played as a chain with add but this was never so.

The design and layout are all improved but I felt the gameplay was still not there and I found myself not enjoying the unique visuals. I struggled to bump to a 4 due to the obvious advancements over add…but the gameplay still throttled for me.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Even better than the original!

BTW… for those of you who’d like to try the original ADD followed by this one, you can download a combo zip file from here: http://newcenturycomputers.net/temp/add12.zip

As usual, I’m not claiming this as mine, etc. Just sharing a working combo so others can see how cool the two are together. Not everyone knows how to break down a PAK file, after all.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

With the existence of some having paired your 2 current levels, I frankly believe you should take the idea further to see here it could go.

The esthetic really sets it apart from Quake 1: Operation Counter-Strike and Scourge Of Armagon. Even next to Dissolution Of Eternity, it is a bit more different in that it really is specialized around deserts. With that being said, bundling in DoE entities for the next levels would be very appealing. Imagine how it would be to have both SoA and DoE bundled into one campaign.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]