45aa1dba3ccf1bcaa2de2840fac600f7195f9ba226d54c370f0e473cf02ec290

45aa1dba3ccf1bcaa2de2840fac600f7195f9ba226d54c370f0e473cf02ec290
overall_rating 4.4 30

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Great use of an Egyptian texture kit and custom music! Some of the giant golden-toned spaces in here are just … really nice to poke around in.

The map is kind of overstuffed with ammo and maybe understuffed with enemies, with the exception of one big fight setpiece, but with this much atmosphere going for it that is fine. The aforementioned big setpiece did provide a nice chance to blow off some steam and play around with setting up a bunch of infighting.

Also if you like grenading zombies then ooo boy there’s some stuff in here for you!

[User added a rating.]

Played on hard, found all the secrets, missed about 20 enemies. The theme is executed really well, doors mysteriously opening and closing, undead spookiness, and good action all around.

[User added a rating.]

Great Egyptian-themed debut from Kayne that is high on atmosphere and pretty fun to go through. Good use of custom music too.

Found all 9 secrets in a 30-min run but still missed 12 kills by the end - guess it must be about teleporting monsters in the final area (had an error message in the console as well).

Still, do not miss it.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This map was embellished in wonderful detail and gorgeous textures. The brushwork is likewise well done. The gameplay flows as it should and it’s one of the few maps where I didn’t spend most of my time backtracking and hunting for my way.

I played this on skill 2 using QSS 0.93.2. The door to the end battle was a little iffy. It seemed like it couldn’t make its mind up as to whether it was going to close and lock me in or not. So I fooled around with it to see what I could get away with and ended up being locked out while the battle began to rage within!

No big deal because I just went back to an earlier save and this time just went in and got down to business. That was one tough ending, I can tell you!

Thanks for a great Quake level, and I hope to see more maps from this author in the future!

This one, is a fine example of an intricate level. Could be one of the best representatives of the Egyptian theme, here on the ‘Quaddicted’, up to date. It also seems - properly for a pyramid, a tomb or a temple - a bad case of “dead end puzzle”.

I have found the silver key, found all the required wall-markings; the narrative description says: “Your reward floats with the pharoah…”. I am now stuck at the big door, next to the door requiring gold key to pass. I have no idea where the gold key is. Maybe under that throne; but that, is a secret location, containing only quad-damage; therefore, it does not seem so.

Anyhow, the level, is large - good for countering the sensation of being a speed-cart in ‘Quake’. The layout, is well crafted with amazing geometry, detailed with superb textures, the colored lighting, is also impressive. Congratulations, only make it a more accessible experience, so that people, could appreciate your work, instead of becoming discouraged by bad progress design - unless, this is a technical issue. I am playing using the ‘Copper’ mod, albeit I doubt this could be an issue.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]