The Rules of Quaddicted.com

These are the rules for quaddicted.com. Mostly the same as before but with new clauses as there are more options for personal display now.

Be nice. Flaming or insults are not welcome and won’t be tolerated. Quake related discussion is welcome. Maybe also game design in general.

Be curious and supportive, not offensive and negative. We are all here because we like Quake so why not enjoy it together.

Be tolerant towards others, their personalities, backgrounds and whatever.

No politics, no current affairs, no societal issues etc. There are plenty of places on the web to discuss those. This is not one of them. This includes your usernames, avatars, profiles etc. Do not use images that might be considered political or national symbols for these features.

Going into flame wars or political discussions will be dealt with using zero tolerance for everyone involved. Don’t be that guy, be this guy.

Unused accounts (zero posts, no interactions) might be pruned every now and then.

1 Like

A discussion on those rules is very welcome. Is something missing, is something too strict?

I have a little question. I recnetly started to use flag emojis in the speedrunning news thread to indicate what country the runner is from, since the new forum interface provides the opportunity to use emojis. Is it okay to keep using those?

Phew, that is a good question.

My quick rules were an attempt to provide a nice and friendly environment that prevents certain discussions by avoiding nationality and other potentially touchy topics. Personally I do not see much reason why people care about nationality for speedrunning but afaik it is quite common, e.g. on speedrun.com.

Since I do not think that flags in that context would too easily attract flaming I added “for these features” at the end of the paragraph to limit that explicit rule to usernames, avatars and profiles. I think that was my intention anyways.

No politics, no current affairs, no societal issues etc. There are plenty of places on the web to discuss those. This is not one of them. This includes your usernames, avatars, profiles etc. Do not use images that might be considered political or national symbols for these features.

Let’s see if that works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Personally, I put flag emojis next to speedrunners’ names when I post new world records to note that a certain country has such a skillful player who has really achieved something outstanding :grinning: