528f833feeeb15d559ffd8662e7f541bfc3ca27fd328d8ae5852f87474a5a393

528f833feeeb15d559ffd8662e7f541bfc3ca27fd328d8ae5852f87474a5a393
overall_rating 4.375 64

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Recently replayed this, and it was if anything even more fun the second time around. Gameplay is incredibly well balanced and the environment is as beautiful as can be expected from sock.

Loved the numerous secrets, and the traps that can be used against monsters. It is amazing just how well relatively tight space is used in this map; how it manages to be consistently interesting without feeling cramped.

[User added a rating.]

Dammit, 100 of 101 kills – where on Earth is the last one? Only 6 of 10 secrets, though. This is rather lovely work, a somewhat non-linear castle interior leading to a climactic arena battle of the kind that is best won by running around the outside allowing infighting to thin the ranks. I think it would have been improved by just one or two more wide-open areas, but all in all this deserves its very positive reputation.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

While not on par with Sock’s later humongous extravagazas, this is still top tier quality. Tight but not cramped, action-packed and very fun to play.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Gorgeous map. It’s been a little while since I’ve played something as fundamentally strong as this one. A thorough appreciation of the player’s abilities and limitations runs through the whole thing from start to end, resulting in fantastic gameplay pace without feeling too linear or condescending. The gimmicks are elegant, nothing is unfair or obscure and there’s no falling back on giant arenas or monster hordes. Graphically it’s a very attractive realisation of the classic Quake runic look. I really don’t have any criticism at all.