5bf3c5d2e46284e0ad9515ed5ff2ab87d6edd1d8dbb2454c53248642ad515999

5bf3c5d2e46284e0ad9515ed5ff2ab87d6edd1d8dbb2454c53248642ad515999
overall_rating 4.649484536082475 97

[User added a rating.]

The Slipgate Conundrum (ad_s1m1) is a pleasant re-imagining of our old friend E1M1, but in 2018 doesn’t necessarily bring a great deal to the party. It’s done about as well as such a thing can be done, but it’s not really clear that it needed doing. (Especially as there are so many Original Quake levels that have never been remade, but E1M1 has been done over and over.)

The other new map here is Arcane Adamantine (ad_ac), billed as a collaboration between Dmitry Svetlichny and Simon “Sock” O’Callaghan. Given that Vodur’s original Adamantine Cruelty was already by some distance the best sewer map out there, it will come as no surprise that this pretty faithful remake now takes that crown with something to spare. It’s immensely satisfying to play, and the end-game (after discovering the surveillance posts) is a delight. I was really pleased with myself to end up with all 300 kills, though a bit frustrated to miss one secret: I never did figure out how to get the yellow armour from the pillar in the middle of the cistern room behind the silver-key door. (Can anyone help me?)

Anyway, this is as clear a five-star map as ever there was. Lovely.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Fei” posted:

Mike, without giving it away I’d tell you the trigger can’t be any closer. It’s an homage to a secret in the original map and will make a lot of sense when you find it.

Got it, thank you! The funny thing is, it’s exactly the same secret as the map’s very first one, which I did find. I am not able to happily say that I’ve 100%-percented Arcane Adamantium.

Unregistered user “Fei” posted:

Ok, your turn. I’m looking for the trigger to the “Hmm…” secret in hrimfaxi’s map in the Rubicon Rumble Pack. It’s a room with slime and the authors’ logos. Any subtle hints?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This mod is a must for any original quake player. Really shows how far this game can go without losing to much of the original aspects it brought to us back in 1996. Absolutely love the sheer size of some of the maps and the new (yet still authentic looking) textures are just amazing :ok_hand:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Nobody has written a better love letter to Quake.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

last time I played Q was probably late 90s… This is epic! I got me hooked to play more.

bug report: ad_test3 wont work on Easy, missing monsters cant activate some triggers I believe. (sorry i have to play easy due to minor handicap)

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]