8838140695433eb908b50158e3285a297b10109adbcb4ba2be563004706ab8b0

8838140695433eb908b50158e3285a297b10109adbcb4ba2be563004706ab8b0
overall_rating 3.461538461538462 26

Nicr map but never did find out how to get the 100 Health behind the boxes…Did find some secrets, Many enemies and great fun.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Fantastic map to stress out and kill a bunch of monsters “a la” quake.

[User added a rating.]

It was a blessed relief to come to this from the end-map of Smej2, with its horrible jumping puzzles, and be reminded what Quake is really about: chaotic mass slaughter. You could argue that this map lacks craftsmanship, but what it does have is FUN! So much fun! So very much!

More, please, Boss300!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is a very good abstract map with a good layout. Slaughter style works really well. When people say that you can’t do Doom like slaughter maps in Quake, well this map proves its possible. It is perfect for what it is set out to do!

As for Mike above here, pretty interesting that you think this is Quake style haha. Quake is whatever you want it to be. Movement and jumping is one of the biggest things you can play around with Quake. Puzzles too, fast movement or slow thinking… Its wonderful how many ways you can bend Quake.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m coming to this comment thread six months late, but …

Mazu, you are of course right: part of the glory of Quake is how wildly varies it is. That includes styles of maps that I love and others that I don’t; and that’s fine. I overstated my position on this when I commented six months ago, because I’d found the mostly-awesome Smej2 so frustrating in its final level. But of course, yes: whatever maps someone loves are good maps for that reason.