ce385bb0ae9facd90e181e04ac18450805a26a896f10ded43e31513c5fa71f81

ce385bb0ae9facd90e181e04ac18450805a26a896f10ded43e31513c5fa71f81
overall_rating 4.368421052631579 38

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I really enjoyed this — it’s a deeply satisfying base that repays sniping and dodging, that gradually releases the more powerful weapons, and that builds to some nice carnage near the end once you’re powered up enough not to have too much trouble with it. Not the most challenging map I’ve ever played, but one that was fun from start to end. Base maps are so under-appreciated!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m not the biggest fan of base maps, but I did enjoy this one. The map is interesting and has a good layout that encourages exploration. I’m putting it on my replay list!

I played this on skill 2 and the only complaint I have is that I felt there was more health and ammo than was needed most of the time.

Thanks for uploading this and I’ll be looking forward to your next Quake adventure!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Just brilliant

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Fantastic map. Some really lovely discrete areas, buildings that feel credible, beautiful brushes throughout. And I just love those red dot cubes. The size of the thing is fantastic: Just big enough to occasionally get lost.

There are some occasional strong nods to Quake 2 — including interactive computer buttons which I found difficult to catch sight of.

Two criticisms:

• There are two outdoor water areas which are strangely empty. The first especially is incredibly confusing: why does this area exist? Why is there a lift mechanism, leading to a door, leading to this beautiful original water lily mechanism, leading to nothing? Perhaps adding some power ups as exploration rewards, and introducing a bit of lighting in these otherwise very dark areas, could do well.
  • The final encounter is disapointing: unchallenging, not particularly architecturally pretty or interesting. The monster projectiles are easily dodged, after which we’re left to explore a boring cargo bay. Considering how beautiful and interesting some of the architectural sections have been up to this point, the final indoors section feels distinctly underwhelming.

Overall though, it’s a banger. 5/5

[User added a rating.]

Pretty cool map. With a really nice twist with “rats in the basement”. Now I wonder if Nightshift is a homage to Nightshift by sir Stephen King… hm. Anyway all was cool, no complaints