[User added a rating.]
i just finished replaying this. what a fabulous episode. some tough combat. lots of great secrets! i’ll have to replay to find the ones i missed.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
Played it today once again. I can hardly descibe how awesome it is, though it is 10+ years old now. The visuals, the gameplay, the layout - all is great. And tons of secrets everywhere for those who want to explore everything.
I want Kell to return to quake mapping and give us another awesome HPL inspired map/edisode.
Thinking more about Contract Revoked, I am tempted to call it the Sergeant Pepper of Q1SP mapping. While you can argue that it’s flawed in places, that its quality is uneven and that subsequent work has surpassed it, it’s still the case that it stuck a marker in the ground and said “OK, suckers, this is what you have to deal with now”. In the years since CR, the atmosphere and simple beauty of Quake levels have moved up a whole level – because this pack showed what was possible. Kell, I salute you!
Unregistered user “sergeant piper” posted:
it was nearly 20 years ago today, kell told the mappers how to map!
awesome til this day.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
Very hard, but very good. Awesome atmosphere.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
Awesome stuff…except for yet another Chthon fight. It’s less that Chthon’s inherently awful (flawed yet redeemable, a la nesp09, or Terra E1M5) and more that I’d rather skip it to play the secret map instead. Everything else is amazing, from its definitive theme to tough battles and secrets.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
Unregistered user “Atzuras” posted:
I cannot belive this pak is 15 years old. Now at 2017, it still can fight to be an all-time classic for its atractive visual Design, clever gameplay, monster placement and enchanted architectures. It just overkills 90% of all the good Quake maps ever done. All with classic monsters , enhancements, weapons and tradicional gameplay from q1.
Must play, Must find all the runes.
Contract Revoked on The Quake Grave
I don’t really have much of a critique for Contract Revoked because it’s really well done! It’s pretty to look at, really well paced, it’s still pretty challenging (at least for me) and offers a lot of secrets for those who want to hunt them down. For me, it was an episode that was challenging in different situations; situations I didn’t think I could make it through but surprised myself by being able to beat the odds.
Another compliment I can give it is the way the boss was handled, as it really feels like something that should’ve been in the original game. That is to say, I realized how easy the boss is in Quake 1 when you’re challenged with this version of it. It’s an improvement, for sure.
I definitely recommend checking it out!